Sunday, May 25, 2008

How To Get Rid of the Gunk in Your Dishwasher

Deffinition of Gunk: The nasty, orange grease and food residue that builds up all over everything and makes you want to roll your almost-new dishwasher into four lanes of traffic; a.k.a.: "the luxury-bred American woman's nightmare".

Now, there are a lot of things you can try, but, honestly, I think you should skip all of those things and go straight to what works. Sometimes the best solution is also the simplest (and, ironically, something you never thought of doing despite all your labor and had to hear through your husband after he talked to a dishwasher salesman.) Throw in a half cup of bleach with your next load. Repeat this about every month or so to keep the nast at bay. WHA-LA!!

P.S. My dishwasher and I are now beginning to patch up our fragile relationship. He agrees to do his job and I agree not to say nasty things about him to his face or behind his back to everyone I happen to meet.

1 comment:

Deborah Gamble said...

Clorox in the dishwasher now...If you are right - you've saved em hundreds of dollars cause I'm about ready to buy a new one. :) Thanks